Welcome

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Whether your visit is to check up on my progress, or maybe compare what I'm doing with a similar project you'r undertaking, welcome. Have a look around and leave comments if you would like to.

Monday, August 31, 2009

More Planning Needed

Well, the weekend came and went without much progress at all. The main reason was that I had settled on a layout and having done so decided to do side elevations of the cupboards etc. The problem was that I did all of this before I actually got my hands on the bus. The reality is that when I began studying the plans against the bus with all of the interior panels removed, my ideas became a bit impractical.

My idea was to have two single beds at the back of the bus, centrally mounted cupboards on each side, a toilet/shower on the right behind the driver's seat and a small desk opposite the shower. The trouble is I had failed to take the rear wheel arches and the frames of the bus into account. This meant that I had to re-think the layout.

I spent a fair bit of time measuring and drawing plans again over the weekend, and that combined with terrible weather meant that not much was done. On brighter note, I have ordered the fridge.

THE FRIDGE
I had to make a decision about whether to go 3 way with the fridge or settle for 12volt compressor type. Because I am going to need a good 12 volt supply to support my Amateur Radio hobby, I have decided to go with a couple of good sized AGM deep cycle batteries and solar panels with a smart charger.

I found the fridge on the Waeco factory website reduced from $1499 to $800 simply because it was a superseded model. This website has heaps of RV euipment at greatly reduced prices. Its worth a look at www.getawaeco.com.au. The prices are good and delivery is very reasonable ($47.00 to Tassie). The fridge was bundled with a 240v adapter which senses mains power and switches the battery out of circuit. That with a 90 litre fridge fitted with a German made Danfoss compressor (low power consumption) all for $800. A bargain I think. I'll post a pic when it arrives.

More soon...